May 17, 2013
CoRoT is the Convection, Rotation and planetary Transits space mission, which was launched on December 27, 2006. It is operated by the Centre national d'études spatiales (CNES) with the participation of science programs of European Space Agency (ESA), ESA's Research and Science Support Department (ESA-RSSD), Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Germany, and Spain.
The research paper entitled "The Future of the Sun: An Evolved Solar Twin Revealed by CoRoT", on which this article is based, has been accepted and will be published in the Astrophysical Journal Letters (ApJL).
- Related material may be obtained at: http://astro.dfte.ufrn.br/corottwin and http://arxiv.org/abs/1305.3652
- The members of the research team are:
- J-D do Nascimento, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)
- Y. Takeda, National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ)
- J. Meléndez, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- J.S. da Costa, UFRN, Brazil
- G. F. Porto de Mello, Observatorio do Valongo of the UFRJ, Brazil
- M. Castro, UFRN, Brazil
This research was partially supported by the following:
- The National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq) and Ministry of Science and Tecnologia (MCT), Brazil
- Laboratório Nacional de Astrofísica (LNA), Brazil
- The Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN), Brazil
- Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo (FAPESP), Brazil